Village of Allapattah Family CenterJob Description:
Posted: September 4, 2012
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Employment Type: Part Time, Grant funded position(Approximately 10-15 hours a week for nine months)
Compensation: $1,000 monthly stipend
Reports To: Executive Director
The YMCA of Greater Miami - Village of Allapattah Family Center has partnered with Comcast to offer Comcast Digital Connectors, a digital literacy course, to teens and young adults. Comcast brings broadband into the homes of low-income people, produces public-purpose media, and trains and employs youth to enhance communities' technology capacity. Comcast Digital Connectors program is a national youth development initiative that combines leadership development, digital education and community service to prepare youth, ages 14 to 21 years old, to build the technical proficiency of their respective communities, and serve as a bridge to digital opportunities. Overview of Position
:The individual in this position is responsible for organizing and delivering the Comcast Digital Connectors program. The program combines leadership development, digital education and life skills management for young adults ages 14-21. Job responsibilities will include the following·
Qualifications, Skills, and Abilities required:
- Oversees day-to-day operation of the program, insuring program follows the manual and model of Comcast Digital Connectors in its service delivery
- Schedules speakers, field trips, and plans events
- Communicates with community partners for recruitment and event planning, etc.
- Recruits 20-25 , teens and young adults who are willing to make a one-year commitment
- Works with 20-25 teens and young adults to insure their continued attendance and active participation in the program for one year.
- Implements a program with authentic tasks that are oriented around technology and related to the mission and vision of the Comcast Digital Connectors·
- Collects the necessary data to report back to Comcast.
- Adhere to scheduled conference call as determined by Digital Connectors Regional Directors and other Digital Connectors team members.
·Must be 21 years and older
·Associate degree or currently enrolled in college.
·Minimum of 2 years of youth development experience
·Ability to work in a fast paced environment
·Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal.
·Comfortable with public speaking.
·Familiarity with basic and moderate computer functions and software.
·Effective project management skills: demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities, prioritize work, maintain deadlines and ensure quality of work
·High comfort level with a collaborative work process and collegial working environment. Please forward your resume via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org Click here to apply now!